HENDERSON, Tenn. (BNC) by Jamie Suiter — Three members of the Russell and Donna Turner family died from smoke inhalation in a fire Aug. 3, Thursday afternoon. The fire apparently started in the kitchen of the Turners’ house, according to WBBJ News and members of the Henderson congregation.
When the Fire Department came the house was already engulfed in flames. They did get 41-year-old Donna and her daughters Sierra, 14, who passed first, and Victoria Turner, who many say was 19 or 20, to the hospital in Jackson. All passed away later from smoke inhalation.
The husband and father Russell Turner had gone to his in-laws, Don and Chris Smith, who were vacationing, to check on their nearby house after his work when the fire occurred. The Turner’s son Colin was at band practice when the fire started.
The two girls had disabilities, and Donna spoke recently to the women of the congregation about children with special needs.
Adam Cross, member of the Henderson congregation and a former Bible class teacher, told BNC that the family is a vital part of the congregation and very well thought of.
Russell Turner has set up a GoFundMe account to help with the families expenses.
Randal and his wife Vicki have lived and worked in Brazil since Nov. 1984. They have three children, two daughters-in-law, and five grandchildren. He likes to read novels in his back-porch hammock. http://randal.us