HAARLEM, Netherlands (BNc) by Roy Davison — Christians from six congregations in Holland and Flanders gathered in Haarlem, Holland, to praise God in song on Sunday afternoon, Sept. 15.
Jim and Ruth Krumrei have been missionaries in Haarlem since 1963.
The church in Haarlem was begun by Jacob C. Vandervis and Bill Phillips in the fall of 1946. This was the first congregation established by missionaries of churches of Christ on the Continent after WWII.
Brother Vandervis, a Dutchman, was converted by Otis Gatewood in Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1942 and began making plans to return to Holland to preach the gospel once the war was over.
Roy Davison devotes himself to the gospel in Belgium, as well as being a part-time translator. He is the creator of the Old Paths websites (http://oldpaths.com).