by Glenda Williams, BNc correspondent
GENEVA, Ala BNc — A new website, http://www.thechurchofchrist.ws has been created by Sonnie Parker (William Roger Parker, Jr.) of Luverne, AL. Parker is a member of the Sasser congregation where Jeff Grimes is the preacher.
- Forums for individual members: For posting comments and questions on various topics and having open study discussions
- Private forums for congregations: The webmaster will work with a congregation to set up private forums for their members.
- Private Women’s forum: Women will have their own private area for teaching and study. Additional forums can be added.
- Blogs: Each member can have their own blog.
- Groups: Members can set up general, congregational, mission and study groups, and may be made public or private.
The Front Page consist of announcements, calendar, Biblical articles, Bible lessons library, tutorials, links to sound commentaries, Christian links, Bible games/quizzes, etc.
Congregations are encouraged to list their group in the online church directory.
The site is completely ad free and donation free. Sonnie Parker hopes this website will be a central site for church growth and is ready to help in any way.
As a teenage girl, I prayed to marry a preacher. I knew no one who was desiring to be a preacher but each night I knelt by my bed and prayed, “Lord, if I am capable of being a preacher’s wife I would like to marry a preacher. If not, just let me marry a Christian.” God answered that prayer for me. Our local preacher, Jerry Humphries, preached in two gospel meetings that summer and invited a young man from Alabama Christian College (now Faulkner University) to preach in his absence. He brought his girlfriend with him so that took him out of the running. But when I learned they were coming back in a week or so, I asked if they didn’t have some fine young man they could bring down and let me meet. The girl thought for a minute, snapped her fingers and said, “Old Doug.” Old Doug and I will be married 55 years on December 18. We have two children and two grandchildren. All our children are faithful members of the church. God is so good. I love Him so.